1. Breakfast in bed. It’s the tried-and-true way to say thanks to Mum – the classic breakfast in bed. Whip up her favourite smoothie, make sure the eggs are just the way she likes them and keep your coffee game on point. Another option is to head out and start the day with breakfast at one of Caloundra’s many cool and quirky cafes.
2. Step out. Connect as a family with a leisurely stroll. Pelican Waters has one of the best networks of recreational walkways and cycle paths to be found anywhere on the Sunshine Coast. You can step it up a notch by taking in your favourite part of the Coastal Walk stretching 25km from Golden Beach all the way to Mooloolaba. Be sure to stop at the family-friendly Kings Beach with its heritage listed bathing pavilion and numerous rock pools to explore. Keep an eye out for birdlife and dolphins at the Pumicestone Passage and check out the historical Military Jetty used for operations during World War II.
3. Park it. The southern Sunshine Coast is home to a veritable smorgasbord of stunning parks to kick back and relax with a picnic or barbecue this Mother’s Day. From the interactive Scribbly Gum Park in Pelican Waters to surfside stunners at Happy Valley, Kings Beach and Moffat Beach – there’s no shortage of options for a shot of fresh air and some quality family time. Pack a hamper and head to the hinterland with its quaint villages dotted with antique shops, galleries showcasing talented local artists and lookout spots with breathtaking views of the Coast and iconic Glasshouse Mountains.
4. Have a blast. Don’t sweat it if your Mum’s the active type as there’s plenty of options to get the adrenaline flowing. Have a blast with a guided jet ski adventure on the beautiful Pumicestone Passage, ride the waves with a surf lesson or hire a bike to explore the epic coastal scenery.
5. Reach for the spas. Spoil mum with an indulgent pamper and relaxation package at one of Caloundra’s many day spas and wellness centres. You know she deserves it.
On behalf of everyone at Henzells Agency, we wish all the Mums out there a fantastic Mother's Day!
Founded in 1935, Henzells Agency is today an independent real estate corporation and one of the most respected companies on the Sunshine Coast. Roy Henzell Senior first established Henzells Agency.